Sunday, September 16, 2007

where did the time go?

J stole my alarm clock.

I spent Saturday practicing bad sleep hygiene (a term I just learned from GC). Running on three hours of sleep, the hard work of watching cartoons finally got to me. I penned everyone up in my bedroom, closed the closet door, checked that the TV cord was out of reach and all outlets plugged, then crashed. I woke up again to hear L say, "Brother, be careful" and to see J standing in the middle drawer of our dresser. No, it wasn't on the floor. I've never jumped out of bed faster.

Once the kids were relatively safe again, I discovered the missing clock. I looked through every drawer, under the bed, even in the closet (which had remained closed). It wasn't in the bathtub, in the now-empty Kleenex box, or under the covers. I even gave John my watch to see what he would do with it: put in the empty Kleenex box, as I suspected. With as many visual cues

He'd been trapped inside the room, so I know it had to be around somewhere. It certainly wasn't stuffed up his shirt, and I could guess that it would be somewhere below waist-height. My suspect wasn't talking.

We found it in the trash can, underneath three pairs of clean socks.

5 Comments:

Blogger United We Lay said...

LOL. I can't wait to get to that stage!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Wow! The kids were busy while you attempted to rest =) Glad that everyone is in tact and that you found the clock!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Excitement that you didn't really need, huh? Soon enough, you'll be able to let them play quietly while you close your eyes! Have a great weekend.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm doing some reading on yours. We have grandkids in San Diego.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Beat them. Its how they learn.

Oh, and http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7009927.stm

xxx

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home