Sunday, September 30, 2007

up & down

J now says, "up" and "down." It's like he woke up from his nap and decided to start talking today. Besides "mama" and "dada," "uh oh" is the most popular phrase in our household.

L made herself a super-cool necklace from this kit. She also made one for me, her two friends, one of my friends, and her two teachers. Although she offered to make one for him too, L's dad politely declined.

I dug a few holes in our backyard this weekend. Two I filled with plants, one I filled back up with dirt when I realized I was digging in the wrong place.

One student invited me to watch him play piano at a gallery opening; another invited me to a pow wow. I had very good intentions of going to both, but we shattered a glass jar of jam across our kitchen floor, and the rest of the weekend progressed similarly. Maybe next time.

L is having far too much fun alone in the bathroom . . . better go check on her.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

"Uh oh" is a much better phrase than "no!" Once toddlers start saying "no!," the gray hairs kick in.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

When my son was 2 years old, he said maybe four words. His doc told me not to worry--that motor and language skills rarely develop at the same pace.

The next day, as we were leaving he house, he looked at the ball in his hands, and said 'ball!' When I buckled him in and gave him his stuffed bear, he said 'Pooh!'

He hasn't stopped talking since.

yeharr

3:57 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

My J hardly says anything yet, though he says oops, dada, baba, mama, and jeeze.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home