Saturday, August 19, 2006

opportunity knocks

I joined a Mom's club in our area. A woman who hosted a playgroup pool party* turned out to be a local high school English teacher. She said the high school, which starts on Monday, is desperate to find another credentialed English teacher. It's my dream job: close to home, high school, and without the extreme poverty (and violence) of my current district.

So now the question is what am I willing to give up? I could break my contract and still live with myself as long as it doesn't jeopardize my future career. I wouldn't mind walking in after school has already started and playing catchup with the students. But I'm reluctant to leave my one-month baby quite so soon. I'm hoping they interview me, and hire me to start at the end of October.

But first they have to call me back.

*L had a blast splashing around in the pool. Too bad she doesn't get the chance very often.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Oh, I hope that everything works out for you!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks! I'm trying not to get too excited in case it falls through, but the possibility is thrilling.

5:46 AM  
Blogger James Brush said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Sounds like a great opportunity!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Good luck! (It's always easier to find a job when you already have one.) I hope you get it!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home