Monday, July 31, 2006

the times

The LA Times is interviewing Tony Blair in a few days and has asked readers to submit questions. What would you ask Tony?

Amusing quote on the upcoming CA visit: "Tony Blair is to make a joint appearance in California with Arnie "The Governator" Schwarzenegger, a menacing hulk with limited English and a reputation for getting frisky with female colleagues. Sounds like a busman's holiday for the man who usually hangs out with [deputy prime minister and admitted adulterer] John Prescott." — Jonathan Guthrie in the Financial Times, July 28

In other news, we're down to waking up three times a night with the tiny one. Very doable. Again, I don't know how people have kids when they're in their 40s. A colleague of my mother's had twins at 46. She and her husband hired a live-in nanny to wake up in the middle of the night, etc. I guess there's more than one way to be a mom.

Last but not least, the first trimester of school starts in 20 minutes. I'm so glad not to be teaching right now. My first run as a stay-at-home mom was tough; this time I feel a lot better about it. Maybe the stress of this particular school has something to do with that. Either way, I'm glad for the opportunity to get to know these kids better and to catch up on my quota of bad TV and silly novels.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I've read that Blair has been hanging around with the Dem challenger to Arnie?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Enjoy the time off. I had a good time being home, but when my maternity leave was over, I was ready to go talk about something other than diapers and breast-feeding. It's amazing how fast the time goes when the kids are little!

9:42 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

The one question NO ONE will answer: Why, oh why, did we invade Iraq?

7:38 PM  
Blogger mal said...

its good one of you can stay home with the kids. We made that committment and it was rough in many ways but very beneficial for the girls. As I think about it, for us too

1:01 PM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

Good decison to stay home. It's good for the kids to have their mom around to give them their roots.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home