Thursday, July 20, 2006

the art of catnaps



The nice thing about Headline News is that it cycles. So when you fall asleep on the couch, you can wake back up 10 minutes later and not really have missed anything.

John is gradually learning the difference between day and night. I'm gradually learning how to catnap in the middle of the day despite background noises of a boisterous toddler.

Quick notes about his birth: We drove to the hospital to be induced in the middle of the night between Sunday and Monday. The huge fires in California are just 20 minutes away from us, so we watched the eerie dry lightning storm on the way. As for the delivery itself, all went very smoothly. I even decided to forego an epidural and didn't regret it. My husband was a fabulous partner through the whole thing--not a surprise. At one point early on, we turned on the TV for a distraction and got to see the live landing of the Discovery. It was a perfect prelude.

4 Comments:

Blogger United We Lay said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Now I really can't wait for mine, though I'm terrified about the labor thing.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

It sounds like all are happy and healthy.

You will find that you will be much more relaxed the second time around. Enjoy the moments. Even the 'awake all night' ones.

Yeharr

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

I'm so happy for you! And I'm glad the birth went so well. As for me, I'm chicken sh*t when it somes to pain. I had epidurals with both my son and daughter, and I know I'm going to want one when it comes time for this baby to pop out into the world.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home