Monday, July 03, 2006

the gentle art of waiting

I wonder which will come first: my baby or Mexico's president. 14 days + or -. A zillion little things to do, 3 zillion more to anticipate.

I'm small for 38 weeks--3 weeks behind and lost 2 pounds in a week to be exact. Yet John's growth is still within normal according to the spontaneous ultrasound I had today. It's a good sign that my doctor has pull when I can get an ultrasound literally within 7 minutes of seeing him.

In the menatime, I should eat more protein, the nurse tells me. Good thing we just got our grill hooked up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Relax. Put your feet up. Have a Snickers.

Okay, maybe not a snickers. Howzabout a handfull of cashews?

I'm pullin' for ya!

Yeharr

8:59 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

The last month is the hardest! An unexpected ultrasound -- what a great deal! I used to hope for those because I couldn't wait to see the baby.

If it's any consolation, my first was 9 days late and had to be "coaxed" out. The boys were both c-sections, one of them on and the other a few days before the due date. Apparently, they were taken out against their will; none of them was in any rush to be born!

I hope John doesn't make you wait too long. Take care and keep us posted!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Take care and good luck! You and baby will be just fine.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home