Tuesday, June 20, 2006

all baby all the time

Last ultrasound today: all looks good. He's about 5 1/2 pounds and comfortably sucking away on the back of his hand.

My greatest obstacle lately has been trying to avoid talking only about the baby. My poor husband is constantly listening to "ah, there's a kick" or "look at how big I am" or "can you believe it's only __ days away!" He's excited too, but I think it's a little repetitive to hang out with me right now. I've forgotten how to converse without mentioning my belly. So my goal for Wednesday is to not talk about the baby. Maybe that's weird, but I feel like it's a good idea to remember how to be just me for a bit. Hmmm.

10 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

good luck with that. it's kinda hard not talking about the elephant in the womb...er...room.

Yeharr

7:13 PM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Hell, most parents talk incessantly about their children from conception until the first shoplifting offence.

12:42 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I've jus realized that I've been doing that, too, though my latest post suggests that I won't be doing much talking for a while.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

you talk about that baby all you want

and good news re the ultrasound

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

He brought it up 4 times before 6:30 a.m., so I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

I'm so happy for you. I remember constantly talking about my babies and talking to my belly. But I know how sometimes you've just gotta be you and remember there's a woman there too.

4:48 AM  
Blogger mal said...

geeee, I have NO idea why you should be so obsessed with this *G*

Enjoy it!

7:56 AM  
Blogger mal said...

mmmmm, Rich has a point......

7:56 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Happy to hear about the ultrasound -- those were the best appointments! It's so hard not to talk about a baby, especially in the last month when you feel all that movement. Take care and keep your feet up...

11:21 AM  
Blogger RC said...

throw your husband for a random loop tonight...with a unique question you've never asked him...

Like: "What would you do if you woke up this morning and you had lost all your teeth?"

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home