Saturday, June 03, 2006

lame

Our tiny town with big growing pains held a parade today to kick off the summer. With the one marching band that played a bit out of step and out of tune, our two fire engines, and four princesses advertising car dealers and landscaping companies, I was not quite as impressed as our daughter. Honestly the best showing came from "El Mariachi," with its enthusiastic guitar and trumpet players and kids handing out menus of the local Mexican restaurant. All said and done, I'm glad we went.

4 Comments:

Blogger United We Lay said...

Parades are realy for the kids, anyway! Glad she had fun. I'm looking forward to being able to do that next summer!

6:51 AM  
Blogger James Brush said...

I loved parades as a kid. I can't remember the last time I saw one, though.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Never been a fan of parades. Unless I was marching in them.

Yeharr

6:59 AM  
Blogger mal said...

small town parades are kind of neat. They have a complete lack of pretention

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home