Monday, May 15, 2006

unexpected surprises

I spent my mother's day weekend with an unexpected visit to the emergency room. All is ok, but it was a bit of a scare for about 9 hours until I finally saw a doctor. For the sake of decorum*, I'll just say I was worried that we might lose the baby. Luckily there was a happy ending just in time for mother's day. I really want an uneventful pregnancy for the next 9-11 weeks.

Sadly, this meant we also missed out on the better half's graduation. The overcast weather in Minnesota reflected our moods well. At least we made it out of the hospital in time for the graduation party....

*Maybe I'm concerned about a pretense of decorum, but honestly, I have no tact. I thought about this incident later and decided it should really be titled--in the vein of the inimitable Jesse Ventura--"Ain't Got Time to Bleed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home