Sunday, May 21, 2006

looking up

My wheels found traction again (see previous post), and things are looking up. My daughter built towers of Babel with Legos, my husband rented the movie Dodgeball, and my students finished testing on Friday.

By the way, did you know the fine for illegally copying a DVD is $250,000? I would have liked to be in the room when the MPAA came up with that figure. I'm trying to imagine the conversation: "50,000 just isn't a big enough fine. People will pay it off and not take us seriously..." Impressively absurd.

5 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Lego is the best.

5:53 AM  
Blogger mal said...

"dodgeball" was funny *L*

the entertainment industry is silly. Like many industries it is full of lawyers who think that they can hold back technology with threats. I am quaking in my shoes. (Dang! where did I put that Batman DVD I was copying?)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

i haven't seen dodgeball yet. but i did watch this movie with ben stiller in it about a weight watchers camp for little boys. cracked my ish up.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Legos are cool.

I'd like to see them enforce that fine. Maybe the gov't could pull the records of all people who purchase DVD recorders. Under Homeland security?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

We watched 'hoodwinked' last night (again) and I saw the warning at the beginning. I thought of you.

Hope your wheels continue to find traction!

Yeharr

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home