Tuesday, June 06, 2006

primarily


Like going to the doctor just for the lollipop, I dropped off my ballot for the primary election and got a sticker to take home to the little one. We live in a mail-in district; no polling places are located nearby, so we get to fill out absentee ballots. Though you would think this was easier, it's not so convenient for one who procrastinates. It means I fill it out Tuesday night while searching archived editorial endorsements online and rush to the not-so-nearest polling place to drop it off before the deadline. I guess it's the equivalent of a take-home test.

Actually, my daughter did take a trip to the doctor today, too, but no lollipop. Unpleasant yellow gunk is oozing from her eyes, so we're told no school for her until Monday. Somehow it always works out that just before an upcoming break I have to use my sick days. Oh well, that's why they exist.

At the end of today, I took a look at my smeared black shirt and came to the realization that the creators behind the green-sliming monsters in Ghostbusters probably had kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Don't you just love it when you think they're giving you a hug, but it turns out they're just using you as a snot rag?

Yeharr

5:59 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Gunk from eyes is a bad thing.

It's all gone a bit zombie...

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home