Thursday, August 17, 2006

happy endings


I'm spending most of my free time with this man, 1-2 paragraphs at a time when I can snag a moment away from Huggies and Elmo ("melmo" says L). So far, I'm getting into The Scar. He's a lush writer and a pretty good one at that. This despite the fact that he loathes happy endings.

Someone sent me flowers on Tuesday. The florist called to make sure I'd be home, so I called my husband afterward and said "Who could've sent us flowers?" His reply: "Gee, I have no idea. Who would do such a thing?" I'm so gullible, I couldn't tell if he was being coy or really didn't know. Then I saw them. Wow, life is good.

The cease-fire is still holding. No planes were bombed. And the UK has this great principle of needing to weekly justify the detention of suspected terrorists for a limit of 28 days rather than holding them indefinitely on foreign soil (novel idea, yes?).

Brace yourself, I feel a happy ending coming on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I really hope so.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Just finished the iron council. Love his writing, the weirdness of the world he creates And the characters in it. I just struggle a bit with the plot (or occasional lack of).

I'm now on book 4 of George Martins a song of Ice & fire, which has just come out over here in paperback. Now there's a grand sword & sorcery romp without any happy endings to date. well worth a read.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home