Sunday, March 05, 2006

wankery

This is my husband's elegant word to describe the Oscars. I rolled my eyes, but looking at this picture from the Academy Awards' website, maybe he's closer than I thought.

I don't really mind that the awards are essentially fruit-basket corruptions of Hollywood opinion rather than a legitimate recognition of the finest made films. Instead I'm just apathetic. I haven't watched them since Jack Palance did a one-armed pushup and Silence of the Lambs won, but maybe Jon Stewart will persuade me to tune it, at least for the first ten minutes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scottage said...

LOL Jessica, nice post. I havent' watched it for years, but I'll watch it for Stewart tomorrow. Despite the scary photo.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Jon Stewart is the big draw.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOL!!!

I am looking forward to seeing what Jon Stewart has to say, and I'm hoping Brokeback Mountain and Keira Knightly win. And part of my Dawsons Creek past is even pulling for Michelle Williams.

I'll probably pop in and out but that's it. I'm just irritated Grey's Anatomy isn't on!

10:35 AM  
Blogger mal said...

I watched Reese's acceptance speech while we were snuggling under the covers, and that was too much......

6:18 AM  
Blogger speed_demon said...

Why would you want to waste time watching crap?

I would rather do something else. The only thing worth watch are the gals wearing gowns, period!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home