Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Terminator

It's never a good sign when the governor makes a special trip to your neck of the woods to pat everyone on the back for fighting the good fight and to survey the mess of your community that has now been declared a state of emergency.

By the way, Twitter is the best local news source I've ever seen in my life. I have our regional paper to thank for recognizing the beauty of a dozen 2-line stories and a few tinyurls over producing a newspaper that I actually want to buy. I'd pay to get Twitter feeds if it meant knowing that the fire raging down the street was 40% contained instead of wading through the mess of LA-area "coverage."

The good news: no deaths to report in our area. Other damage is harder to assess right now. I could smell the smoke in my daughter's hair when I hugged her this afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Stay safe please!

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home