Wednesday, April 04, 2007

home

I woke up to news that Iran was releasing the 15 Brits. An oddly staged photo of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad meeting with the sailors and Marines is on the CBS site. No doubt they are greatful to be going home. I admit that I was less than optimistic.

Today is a Wednesday, and yet I'm home still in PJs and visiting such enlightening websites as Visuwords and World Sunlight Map. (Both thanks to StumbleUpon.)

L is sick, and at the age where she is beginning to articulate her pain. "I don't like it," she says. Despite the fact that she is now as tall as my waist, she is still so little. If she gets better this weekend, maybe we'll head to Disneyland. (Just what a recovering toddler needs, I know, but I'll do most anything to see that kid smiling and happy again.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Saur said...

Kids are definately what we live for, aren't they? The baby is SO cute!!! I'm all for taking the toddler to Disney. Why not? ;o)

Yeah, it was SO big of President Tom to "pardon" those poor UK troops. Well, he got what he wanted: More than his allotted 15 minutes of fame, and the Arab world is now under the impression that they can stand up to the UK and US. :-P

10:18 AM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Give the kid a large cardboard box and an old bedsheet. Seriously, you can't have more fun.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

Hope that L will be better soon and that you all will enjoy the trip to Disneyland.

And thanks for the links: The Sunlight Map is great.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I hope L feels better soon. In just a short time it will be hard to believe she had just started to articulate her her physical condition. Bob had his 4 yr. old checkup yesterday. He performed the eye test, holding the "spoon" over his eye, and also peed in a cup. He seemed so grown up!

4:04 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I'm sorry L is not feeling well, but it's great that she can tell you about it.

I knew when the Iranian President came out and said that thy had the British troops that they'd all make it home. If no one had said anything or a terrorist group claimed responsibility, then I wouldn't have been optimistic. I think this was partially staged to paint Ahmadinejad as someone willing to negotiate - a man who is diplomatic. I think this is partially because he's afraid of being attacked by the US and wanted the world to see that he is a rational man who can be spoken to and who will captiulate without force when it is possible.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

So sorry to hear that L is sick again....Please give her a big hug from us. I haven't watched the news today but heard on the radio about the UK troops.....

11:12 AM  
Blogger James Brush said...

I hope she's feeling better soon. Disney sounds fun, but being home on a Wednesday sounds even better.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home