Saturday, March 24, 2007

refrigeration blues


I hope the clanking downstairs by the stranger in my house means that we'll be able to store more than just crackers and apple sauce in our house again soon. Today is day 8 without a functioning refrigerator. When I last checked, it was 78 degrees inside. On top of that, our mail delivery person broke the key in the lock of our communal mailbox, which explains the lack of mail over the past two weeks. Wasn't it nice that they posted a notice on the 6th day, letting me know that the bills I've mailed are all now overdue with little hope of reaching their destination in time? While stopping at the post office to pick up my mail, what do I find buried at the bottom with a postmark of March 7? An offer to extend our refrigerator's warranty for another year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Yikes--I hope that things get back to normal soon and that your fridge and mail box is back in working order. Hopefully you are enjoying your week-end despite all of mayhem. Thinking of you!

4:25 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

That's a little ironic. I hope everything's up and working soon. We're just starting to get up to 7o degrees here. Winter is over!!! I can't wait to spend more time outside with J. I hope you guys are enjoying the sunshine!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

Sometimes, when things like that happen too me, I have the feeling that I need to destroy something.

My therapy then normally is to start "Need for Speed" and keep crashing into cars. Better than to run amok.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

I hope the fridge is cooling again and that you celebrated with lots of icecream.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home