Wednesday, March 21, 2007

mother-in-law stereotypes

You think mothers-in-law-from-hell stereotypes must be mostly exaggeration, and then you hear a story about some poor woman whose mother-in-law is visiting for six months. Months. 6.

On top of that, she's enforcing her strict religiosity on the family so that one member of the household (who shall remain nameless) couldn't even go out to lunch today because of fasting. Fasting for what? you may ask. "I have no idea; my mother-in-law says we're supposed to fast today," is the reply. It would be comical if it weren't so horrible.

7 Comments:

Blogger James Brush said...

Yikes

5:47 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

No one forces that sort of regimine onto another person without that person's complicity. There are ways to stop this, if the daughter-in-law wants to do it.

yeharr

5:59 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Probably lent. How would the mother in law know if she went out on her lunch break? I agree ith BP. I don't have this problem. M mother in law is dead.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh no!!! We hope that your week-end gets better!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm sure there's more to the story than I know. I get the impression it's not exactly a happy marriage....

3:33 PM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

I think I would have ordered a family pizza. And maybe some extra Tiramisu just to make sure.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home