Friday, March 16, 2007

pink slips

The tree in our front yard is abloom with pink flowers.

Rumor has it that a handful of teachers in our district were let go. I am not among them. It's a wonderful feeling to be in a stable job. Even better that it's a job I like.

The mountains were unbelievable today. They must have worked their magic on the students, too. We've been studying folktales the past week, and I ended the week on a happy note with "The 3 Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig" by Eugene Trivizas. It's not often you get to talk about pneumatic drills and blowing things up in English class. Such a good story.

4 Comments:

Blogger United We Lay said...

We just got 4 inches of sleet yesterday. I think we should move to California.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

All of the snow melted away last week.

And then last night, we got another six inches.

One of my kids' favorite stories was 'The TRUE Story of the 3 Little Pigs by B. B. Wolf.' The wolf, apparently, was forced to eat the pigs out of self-defense.

And who says I'm sane?

yeharr

11:57 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Glad to hear that your job is safe. Most of our snow in MN has melted....Enjoy the week-end and say hello to the kiddos from all of us!

6:01 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

Personally, I enjoy "If You Give A Pig a Pancake..."

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home