Thursday, November 02, 2006

not your mama

A little boy at my kids' daycare bursts into tears every time he sees me. "Ms. Jojo" (yes, that's her "real" name) thinks I look like his mom, which explains why he tears up when I don't cuddle him and take him home with me. It's a little disheartening to be the source of another child's great misfortune.

Today his mom arrived just after me. Sure enough--we do look alike. The dad thought this mixup was hysterical; I think the mom was a little offended that her son confuses her with another woman.

On the good side, the kid got to be cuddled and taken home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Ms Jojo???
But Jojo was a man...

get back Jojo

2:57 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Does Ms Jojo have chimp-like tendencies and wear a turban? If so, she would actually be Mojo Jojo, who's been looking for work ever since The PowerPuff Girls went dark.

yeharr

12:24 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Cute story---it's strange when your double is out there =)

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home