Thursday, March 09, 2006

life without work

Despite hundreds of errands and many little projects, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and not getting traction when I'm not working. It is good to know that this is just a vacation, and I will be back contributing to society soon. On the flip side, the beauty of year-round school is getting a break when you need it.

For the next few weeks, I'm soaking up the family time and going through a little self-discovery, too. Today I learned that I can no longer touch my toes.

7 Comments:

Blogger James Brush said...

Are you on year-round or just spring break? Of course I guess the answer to both questions could be yes.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm on year-round. Off 'til Mar 29.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

well if you ever need someone to touch your toes for you, let me know.

Yeharr

7:17 PM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

sit down.
bend your knee & rest your ankle on the other knee.
Your toes should be in reach.

alternatively, attach an inflated rubber glove to a stick & create an arm extension. These are also useful for cuddling very fat people and smacking children with lice.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Toe touching is not lost forever, just do stretches each morning.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It's not just flexibility; there's a tummy in my way. ;)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Ahhh, the dreaded belly. I have a very vivid memory from the hospital after my first child was born. I was in the bathroom taking my first post-partum shower and I needed to pick up something from the floor. I squatted down like I had been doing with the big belly, and suddenly I realized I could see and touch my toes! Then I bent over normally and it felt very strange. I chuckled to myself the next few times I bent over -- nobody else could relate!

Take care -- cute pix!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home