Wednesday, July 27, 2005

school funding

. . . is actually pretty darn good in my new district. Not what you expected me to say, was it?

It's true. The school office stocked me up with new supplies. They're building a new basketball court and bleachers for student recognition assemblies. There have been coffee, danishes, and fruit at every faculty collaboration so far. (At my last school, we only had food once a year. It was potluck style, and one teacher brought hamburgers from White Castle.)

Every student has a textbook in their class. Every student has ANOTHER textbook at home. Teachers get eMacs in their classroom. Three-quarters of the rooms have a digital projector installed in the ceiling.

And, the kicker, I get paid well.

Disclaimer: The district receives additional federal funding because ninety percent of the students are on free and reduced lunch. These students need all the resources they can get.

1 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

That's great about the funding. I'll be interested in seeing how the 'No child left behind' mandates impact your life.

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar.
Able was I ere I saw elba
A man, a plan, a canal: panama
Madam, I'm Adam
Anna: did otto peep? Otto: did Anna?
Don't nod.

Yeharr

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home