Tuesday, July 19, 2005

dumb question

From a teaching application for a job I turned down:

Change is often scary for people. How do you respond to change?

Not a good sign, is it, when you start feeling sarcastic about a job while filling out the application? I was hoping to avoid pop psychology, people moving cheese, and six sigma sychophantic stuff by going into public education. Oh well.

Yesterday was one of those defining moments. It was the kind of event where music would be swelling if my life were a movie, but in reality, it's surprisingly mundane. The clock keeps on ticking without missing a beat, and I get back in my car and drive away. Changed but not much different.

Daycare was a lot easier than I expected. And I only cried a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Rich said...

The world shaking things make headlines. Good teachers make differences. Only cry a little. Do a lot.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Words to live by. Thanks, Rich.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home