Monday, July 11, 2005

stones

My friend John believes the world is divided between Elvis fans and Beatles fans. And then there's the Rolling Stones.

Another beautiful day in paradise today. So much is going well right now personally and so much is going wrong in the world that it's almost cloying. My husband claims he only writes well when he's depressed. Since we've been together, he's written very little. I take that as an odd kind of compliment.

A local man was killed while trying to use his baby daughter as a shield in a police shootout. The girl also died. I can't fathom how that woman can go to sleep tonight, after losing a husband and daughter. It makes me think, too, about post-partem depression and what demons a person must be fighting to endanger their own child's life. Morbid.

Let's go home and draw the curtains
Music on the radio

3 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Five people out of four have problems with fractions.

Yeharr

10:30 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I like all three so what does that make me?

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for me there is the Stones and then I heard of some other British group, the Beat something or other

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home