Thursday, August 02, 2007

35W


Photo by Jerry Holt of Star Tribune: Melissa Hughes clutches a child near the scene of the I-35@ bridge collapse; Melissa was driving the red car in the background.

I couldn't sleep last night. The majority of the friends and family I could reach are ok. I'm hoping beyond hope that the death toll will stay low, the injured will heal, and that the missing will be found.

Hearing this story of the bridge collapse in Minneapolis is devastating. The U of M rowing club docked just under the 10th Ave bridge a few hundred yards away on the East Bank. How many times have I jogged on the River Road on that West Bank, up to Hennepin? Not to mention that I used to live here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Wow, I can't believe you lived right there! Was the bridge really condemned at one point?

I hope you've heard from everyone you know by now...

6:56 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Yikes! My prayers go out to all the families, for those who have lost, and those who have been injured. For those who have been traumatized too. For those hurt, both mentally and physically.

Even the '89 earthquake we had wasn't even nearly as devastating.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

If it were condemned, I never heard about it while living there. I've been in touch with all but one person, and I'm hopeful that she's just on vacation right now and not a part of this disaster.

ZS: Me too.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home