Sunday, June 10, 2007

L is a lefty

L revealed her leftist leanings promptly before breaking her wrist. While tracing out our numbers today, she undeniably prefers and has better dexterity with her left hand. The left-handed grandma is very proud.

Then L decided to run into a wall. It happened out of nowhere; I like to think she was trying to stop herself but slipped. She was crying loudly enough that we knew something was wrong even after several minutes of ice. At extended care, she made me very proud by taking the x-ray all by herself without complaint. The PAs oohed at the tiny little ulna and radius, but there it was--an undeniable "buckle" break on the top of her left wrist.

Now she has a very small cast and a sling. She's especially frustrated by trying to draw the number 4.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stormmaster said...

Ouch. Poor girl. Hopefully the wrist is going to heal soon.

I also just remembered having my broken arm in a cast when I was a boy and wondered if it's still custom to paint it and have all your friends sign on it?

12:48 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Bless her and her leftness.

Adorable stuff!

3:26 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh no!! Please give L a big hug from all of us. I hope that her wrist heals fast. Thinking of all of you!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I hope she is doing well. Good thing kids heal quickly!

Don't forget the "lefty" scissors...

4:32 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Lefties are the best...

yeharr

7:17 PM  
Blogger James Brush said...

I hope she doesn't have to resort to being a righty. Of course, perhaps if she learns to be ambidexterous, the she could grow up to be a centrist?

I hope you don't mind, but I have tagged you.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home