Thursday, May 31, 2007

emergency flight

My other half caught an emergency flight to Atlanta this afternoon. I got one of those phone calls that begins, "Call me immediately. X is in the hospital..." The kind I dread. I spent fourth period talking to the United Airlines rep on the phone while my students asked me to sign all kinds of passes I never read. I had no idea there are such things as emergency ticket rates.

His step-father, the man he grew up with, had a cerebral hemorrhage this morning. Last I heard they were waiting for the neurosurgeon. A surgery may be necessary in the morning.

The only thing I know about cerebral hemorrhages is that they sometimes cause strokes and are related to aneurysms. An aneurysm killed a girl named Vanessa on my soccer team when I was in 5th grade. She had a headache, took a nap, and then we were all singing "Amazing Grace" in a strange, beautiful, white church.

I'm scared, worried, and selfishly lonely.

6 Comments:

Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'll hope for the best for you and your family.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

9:54 PM  
Blogger James Brush said...

As will I.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Thoughts are with you and your man.

5:49 AM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I'm on the east coast and a little far from Atlanta, but if there's anything your husband or his family need, please ask. We have family in FL and we're always up for a drive.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this news---pleaselet T know that we are thinking about his stepfather, his family, and you! (((HUGS)))

2:07 PM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

Best wishes for you and your family.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home