Friday, November 10, 2006

wasted

The eco-peer pressure from James and Old Man Rich drove me to Slate's Stop killing our planet website. (Ok, so it's called something like the Green Challenge, but I'm too lazy to look it up.) I think there must be a mistake because I'm far less wasteful than I thought. Really. I took the quiz twice and can't get it above 11,000-something.

I expected to feel guilty. Now I feel really guilty. If I made an effort to cut down on my carbon emissions, who knows how low I could go. It's like finding out that it would be very easy and convenient to help someone out, but all this time I've just been too oblivious and self-centered.

You know, now I'm thinking I've got an excuse to not use a stationary bike. Think of how much energy that thing wastes. If only I could hook it up to store electricity so that I couldn't take a hot shower, for instance, until I'd biked a certain number of kilometers. Hmmmm.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Brush said...

C'mon, Jessica, do it. You know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it, and you can quit anytime.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home