Friday, September 15, 2006

frozen in time

My application is gathering dust at the local school district. I finally gave in to curiosity and called to find out what was going on. Apparently they are still accepting applications. Of all the times in my life to wait for a job, this is pretty ideal: I'm already employed, I'm on maternity leave, I'm in no rush. Still, the waiting is killing me.

What bothers me most is the urgency of everyone who spoke to me about the job. According to the HR secretary, they needed a teacher in the classroom "today" back on Aug. 28. So I scrambled and sweet-talked my kids' daycare into reserving a spot for them to come back early (not easy with a 2-month-old baby). And now, after all that scrambling and rearranging, I wait.

I think it's a California thing. Or maybe just an evil employer thing.

In the meantime, I uploaded our first home videos to Dropshots. Cool site. The grandmas love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I sure hope you hear something real soon! The children and school district would be so lucky to have such a wonderful teacher like you....Our thoughts are with you--Keep us posted!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home