Tuesday, January 10, 2006

resolution

My New Year's resolution this year is to play more videogames. I need a good mindless activity that involves virtual killing to unwind from work.

The Ratchet and Clank series is very destructively satisfying (with cool weapons to boot). I really want to like Prince of Persia, but I keep getting stuck when I can't jump, twist, and bend at just the right angle to get past this trap or those bad guys. I OD'd on Final Fantasy when I was a stay-at-home mom last year.

My favorite videogames will always be the online RPGs. I cancelled my too expensive and too little used subscription of the highly addictive World of Warcraft. I think this year I'll be playing a lot of the handmade Neverwinter Nights modules in small piecemeal games with people around the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Don't waste your life on computer games. Get out there and maim, kill and destroy for real.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It's harder to keep track of points in real life.

3:36 PM  
Blogger speed_demon said...

How can you do that?

Playing videogame is one thing that I'd stay away from. It's like a disease, secretly devouring people's life.

Being a teacher like you should be wise and don't fall to a trap like this.

Go out and enjoy life. Spend time outdoors. There're so many things to do than playing videogames, seriously!

Make sure your kids don't fall into the same trap.

I know, I like to preach. LOL!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Playing videogames is actually a way for me to be closer to my family. My infant daughter is the center of my attention when I come home, so most of my free time comes after 8 p.m. when she's asleep. I can't leave the house at that point, so videogames are a good option.

Sure I still read and even watch a tv show now and then, but playing an online video game with my husband is a much better way for us to interact and have some fun together. It's even better when we get to hook up with friends back in Minnesota we never get to see and have to pay through the nose to call. Think of it like an extension of a board game. Infinitely more amusing, though.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

Cool. I'm somewhat of a computer game addict to. I agree that especially with a child sleeping in the other room, it's quite an alternative to have some kind of adventure or to release all that built up aggression during a hard days work. OK, maybe sports would be the better way to do it.

I'm not quite into the ((M)M))ORG games yet, but I just finished a Dawn of War campaign and your post reminded me of a NWN copy I have somewhere. I think I will give it a try this week.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home