Sunday, January 01, 2006

rain, rain

When I was a kid, we had some wicked thunderstorms in mid-Missouri. I remember the rain leaking through our roof and the sounds (I imagined) of a screened-in porch being split apart by its timbers and washed away. Part of the excitement was that we were surrounded by an old woods, and trees fell or were struck by lightning on a regular basis.

I was hoping for one of those heart-thumping, raging storms this morning when I woke up. Planning to watch the rain through our window and sip hot tea. Nothing like a downpour to wash in the new year. Instead, it was surprisingly clear. Kind of disappointing, really.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate disappointing weather. Here it's the freezing rain storms, which knock the power out for days on end, but leave every tree, house, car, squirrel and whatever else is outside covered in a silver coat of ice.

Sort of like...shrink-wrapped world. Fresh and on ice shrink-wrapped world.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The worst part about freezing rain is the sound of tree limbs cracking when the ice melts.

11:05 PM  
Blogger speed_demon said...

You should appreciate the occasional rain and not what we've here.

In, Vancouver, BC, Canada where I live it has been raining for roughly 3 weeks.

Everyday, either drizzle or heavy rain and occasional downpour. It's not a place to live. I want some sunshine!

*chorus*
I want some sunshine, la la la...
*end chorus*

Happy blogging!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Too much of anything gets old.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home