Friday, January 20, 2006

79

My grandmother celebrated her birthday by going to the DMV and renewing her license. (Don't worry, she doesn't drive at night, on the highway, or basically anywhere other than the grocery store.) She went out to coffee with some friends, stopped by at her neighbor's house where another group had baked her a cake, and they played cards into the evening. At 9:00 she gave me a call to say hello and check on her youngest great-grandbaby-to-be. I hope my life is this good when I turn 79. Well, except the DMV part, I could skip that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

You and your damn feel good posts.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw!

HB to your gran.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

That's great that she's doing so well.

We saw my husband's grandmother last week and she's going strong at 90, although she stopped driving a couple of years ago.

I took a lot of pictures of her with my kids -- I want them to remember their great-grammy!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

That's awesome. My grandmother just turned 92 in November and is still going strong so hopefully you & her great grand daughter have many more fun years ahead with her. Touching post.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Happy b-day, Granny!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Stormmaster said...

Having strong Grandparents is great. I still remember the times when I played "Mensch ärgere Dich nicht" with my grandma or driving out to the fields on my grandpa's tractor.

God bless all grandparents.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home