Wednesday, November 30, 2005

makeup

. . . is the secret to good teaching, apparently. I wear it. Students listen. Students learn. Administrators nod and smile. Sheesh.

Maybe I'm being just a little facetious, but I've gotta admit that my mom is right about appearances. She may love me no matter who I am, but other people judge looks. Roll the scotch tape on the back of the posters, the nicest handwriting in the world looks shoddy next to something from a computer, and a little eyeliner won't kill you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Rich said...

I'm gonna try wearing makeup.
But I dont see my boss approving.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Ding Dong.

5:24 AM  
Blogger mal said...

I will tell the OH to try that with the next unruly class of High Schoolers......mmmmm, should the beard be trimmed before or after putting on the eyeliner? *L*

12:10 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

It does work. I get a much better response when I;m wearing make-up.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home