Thursday, November 10, 2005

car trip

We're waking up as early as possible tomorrow and driving out to the Golden Gate Bridge. It's a family reunion this weekend with my husband's grandmother, aunts and cousins just north of San Francisco in the Napa Valley. According to Google, it's an eight-hour trip. I just hope the little one can sleep for half of it.

It's been decades since I was in San Francisco as a kid. All I remember is my brother trying to give me a jalapeno flavored sucker and cigarette butts everywhere. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the more beautiful parts of San Fran on this trip, even if it is a quick drive-by.

1 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Have a fun trip! When mine were that young, we used to play 'count the Cheerios' in the car.

I'd put a lot of cheerios and a few raisins in a bunch of ziplock bags, and when they'd get fussy, I'd give them a bag, and we'd count the cheerios as they were eaten. And if a raisin was pulled out instead of a cheerio, we'd shout "That's a raisin!" and we'd all laugh. Then, when the next cheerio was pulled out, we'd start from one. (this works best when there's more than one adult in the car, otherwise, it's tough to drive.)

Had a conference with my son's teacher yesterday. She told me he's the funniest fourth-grader she's ever met.

Yeharr

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home