Sunday, December 11, 2005

censoring

Watched 8 mile last night with the family for lack of anything better to do. Apparently, L is a big fan of rap. I'm starting to wonder what we should and should not be showing her. At this point I'm not so concerned that she'll recite Eminem lyrics at daycare when she can't even say "mama," but the scenes with violence made me awfully uncomfortable. Last week she saw a cartoon Bart Simpson fall off a cartoon cliff and she started screaming. Then again, she screams at shoes, too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stormmaster said...

Don't show her anything - TV is just making people dumb. She'll get her dose of modern entertainment soon enough.

Please don't get me wrong: we enjoy those family TV evenings too.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I wish I screamed at shoes.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

not sure what to make of the shoes, but if it movies like that make her uncomfortable, don't show it. she is probably reacting to the sounds and how they make her feel. i completely understand how you feel, and i'd do the same thing.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

girls & shoes.
I'm not even going there.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I've screamed at the TV, too. Of course, it's usually when the Steelers are playing, or Bush is lying again.

Yeharr

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home